Norwich will not go back on decision to furlough non-playing staff

25 April 2020 12:12
Club are budgeting for a shortfall between £18-£35mThree Premier League clubs overturned decision to furloughNorwich have defended their decision to place some of their non-playing staff on furlough leave during the coronavirus pandemic. The Canaries are one of only two Premier League clubs using the scheme, where employees receive 80% of wages from the government up to 2,500 although, in this instance, the club is making up the remaining 20%.Newcastle are the other top-flight club to turn to the job retention programme while Liverpool, Tottenham and Bournemouth made U-turns on their decisions to furlough staff following heavy criticism. Related: Worried League One and Two clubs agree to transparency at PFA's request Continue readingreadfullarticle

Source: TheGuardian