Valverde says Milan-San Remo not yet ruled out

15 March 2019 11:07
Alejandro Valverde (Movistar) has insisted that he may yet return to racing at Milan-San Remo after a spell of illness in the latter part of the UAE Tour caused part of his spring race programme to be abandoned. Valverde had scratched a possible start in Strade Bianche after going down with a cold and slight fever during the UAE Tour, which he nonetheless finished second overall in and won the toughest mountain stage. His chances of racing Milan-San Remo, the first Monument of the season, were widely reported to be non-existent.ADVERTISEMENT But a spell of rest and recuperation at home in Murcia, Spain has gone well and Valverde told Eurosport on Thursday that he is now eying a possible start in La Primavera, where his best performance to date has been 15th. "I had a bit of a cold and fever and didn't want to push myself too hard because it had been quite an intense start to the season," Valverde told Eurosport on Thursday. "My idea is to build up through the spring and be in top form for the Giro d'Italia." You can read more at Cyclingnews.com . read full article

Source: Cycling News